Fresher burns down his uni room after three days

He forgot to unplug his hairdryer


First year Biochemistry student Joe moss was in for a shock when he returned to a burnt room. The fresher tweeted photos of his room with the caption ‘My freshers is going so well, burnt my room down last night.’ The post has now gone viral.

screen-shot-2016-09-23-at-16-15-03

According to his tweet, the incident happened because Joe forgot his hairdryer on the floor.

Around 700 students were evacuated from Great Dover Street apartments in the early hours of yesterday morning. It took four fire engines and 21 firefighters from the London Fire Brigade an hour to tackle the blaze. The building was declared safe to enter 45 minutes later

Speaking to The Tab, a student living a few doors away from Joe said “it was like 3am and we woke up thinking it was a test, and then we heard the glass smashing… We found out later it was a fireman smashing through the window and then we smelled smoke. We came outside and saw a bunch of smoke. We spent the night helping him to move anything that survived and laughing at him.”

There was an induction the following morning.

The Fresher lost all of his new clothes and belongings in the fire, including a Macbook. King’s have given him a new room, and fortunately for him he is under no prosecution for the damages caused.