King’s ranked the second worst uni for student satisfaction in the UK

National Student Survey figures have been released today

King’s has been ranked second worst for overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey released today.

With a score of 82 per cent, King’s College was just behind UCL who came fourth bottom with a score of 84 per cent. The University of Edinburgh was ranked worst for student for satisfaction with a score of 80 per cent and St Andrews came top with a score of 94 per cent.

This year’s result shows a very slight improvement in student satisfaction, with UCL scoring 81 per cent in the 2015 NSS.

This news comes after King’s was deemed the seventh best uni in the UK by the Centre for World University Rankings, beaten only by a handful of universities such as Oxford, Cambridge, Manchester and UCL. A ranking which also put them in the top 1 per cdnt of universities worldwide.

The low scores from two of London’s biggest universities can potentially be linked to the high cost of living in London, with numerous protests this past academic year challenging the cost of rent for students in the capital.