Medical students made to wait an extra month for their exam results

Another victory for King’s admin

King’s medical students hoping to collect their OSCE examination results yesterday have been told they’ll have to wait an extra month.

Students had been told results would be released on May 16 but an email sent by a member of staff explained this date was given to them in error.

Instead, results will be published on June 13.

The email said: “I would like to apologise for the confusion that has been caused over the OSCE results release date.

“The Weekly Programme Update sent on 11 April 2016 informing you of the end of year results date change applied to all exams including the OSCEs. Unfortunately, when updating the Virtual Campus I accidentally left the OSCE release date of 16 May 2016  on the timeline.

“I can confirm that the end of year exam results will be released on Monday 13 June 2016.”

The exams, which decide if medical students can continue studying next year, are extremely important and so understandably many were nervously anticipating their results.

Some medical students have disputed the university’s claim that an email in April explained the new results date, arguing it was implied this e-mail was only referring to the written May examinations, and there was no mention of the OSCEs.

Understandably students are not best pleased about the confusion, as well as the universities response. One student told The Tab they felt the university was implying it was a misunderstanding from the students rather than a mistake on the part of the medical school.