Fire engines called to Julian Markham accommodation

Residents have been told their rooms and belongings may have suffered smoke damage

Fire engines have been spotted surrounding the Julian Markham accommodation building.

There were allegedly initial concerns about the risk of structural collapse within the building, but this has not been verified.

Members of the accommodation claim there was a fire within the building, but it has been put out safely. However, students have been warned their rooms and belongings inside may be damaged by the smoke produced if their windows were left open.

As of yet, no information has been released on how the fire started.

Reports suggest all students have been evacuated out onto the street.

More to follow.