Every moment of your Wednesday night out as described by Disney songs

Why is there always glitter?

With exams looming and your dancing shoes temporarily gathering dust on the shelf, what better way to procrastinate than to reminisce about happier times? Maybe it’s about times in Guy’s Bar (& Cafe) or an alternative SU of lower quality, and look forwards to post-revision mad ones to come.

Status Quo- High School Musical

“No, no, noooooooooooo
No, no, no
Stick to the stuff you know
If you wanna be cool
Follow one simple rule
Don’t mess with the flow, no no
Stick to the status quo”

You’ve just arrived and have secured the booth. With the lights on it looks more like a dungeon than usual. The games are getting started… oh look there’s that guy from my cour-

“Stop flanging. It’s not 9 yet”

Calm before the storm

For the First Time In Forever- Frozen

“Conceal, don’t feel, put on a show
Make one wrong move and everyone will know”

The pitchers are starting to pile up, and you’re starting to feel a bit waved. Fuck, reaallly waved. But everyone else still seems to be sober and you haven’t even played “Never Have I Ever” yet; you knew it was too early for Jaeger Bombs. It’s fine, you can just sit here quietly so no one thinks you’re a lightweight until the bevs start to hit them too…” *hiccup*

Part of Your World- The Little Mermaid

“I wanna be where the people are. I wanna see, wanna see them dancin'”

You’ve said Hello-From-The-Other-Side, and now the lights are off, the DJ’s banging up the speakers with everybody’s guilty pleasures and you’re tearing up the dancefloor- this is your happy place.

On the lookout

Reflection- Mulan

“Why is my reflection someone I don’t know?”

When you left you were feeling sexy af with make up #onfleek but now after one (pitcher of) snakebite too many, it’s finally time to break the seal. As you waltz out of the cover of darkness into the toilets you are greeted by the harsh harsh reality of your sweaty reflection.

Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride- Lilo and Stitch

A wiki wiki mai lohi lohi
La we mai iko papa he na lu
Pi’i na nalu la lahalaha
O ka moana hanupanupa
Lalala i kala hanahana
Me ke kai hoene i ka pu’e one
Helehele mai kakou e
Hawaiian roller coaster ride

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?! I CAN’T HEAR YOU ITS TOO LOUD IN HERE” This isn’t the time or place for a DMC sorry gal.

True Love’s Kiss

“I’ve been dreaming of a true love’s kiss
And a prince, I’m hoping, comes with this”

The beer goggles have certainly kicked in, or maybe it’s the comforting darkness that hides almost everything (“do I look okay?” “don’t worry, it will be dark”) and he’s a 9/10 fo’ sure. Even better, he’s a hockey boi and says he plays for the seconds and you’re sure he smiled at you in the library once. You’ve done it. You’ve found him.  The one  <3

I’ll Make A Man Out of You- Mulan

“[men] BE A MAN
We must be swift as a coursing river
[men] BE A MAN
With all the force of a great typhoon
[men] BE A MAN
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon”

The night is young and you’ve headed back to his. Keep it PG kids…

Goodbye for another week.

The Next Morning…

When Will My Life Begin?- Tangled

“And then I’ll brush and brush and brush and brush my hair”

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS GLITTER???