All tube travel is going to be free this New Year’s Eve

TfL’s having a party

KCL ldn London tfl travel tube ucl

Generous TfL bosses have announced they will offer free rides for all tube passengers this New Year.

Thanks to cash from travel search engine Kayak, party-goers will be able to catch a free journey from 11:45pm on New Year’s Eve until 4:30am on New Year’s Day.

And thanks to the expansion of the Overground and TfL Rail, Londoners can take advantage of the offer across more routes than ever.

TfL have offered free travel at New Year since 2001, but last year they were forced to foot the bill themselves after long-term sponsors Dieageo ended their three year deal.

Rosie, a third year at King’s, told The Tab: “I think it’s great that TfL have recognised that New Year’s Eve is one of the peak times to travel.

“Giving Londoners free travel is a great way to bring in the new year.”

Meanwhile, speaking to the Evening Standard, Graeme Craig, director of commercial development at TfL, said: “Our partnership with kayak.co.uk will ensure that revellers will be able to welcome in the New Year knowing that they will be able to get home safely and for free.

“We look forward to welcoming everyone to London’s celebrations and encourage customers to plan their journeys in advance so that they are aware of all their travel options.”