A snake is loose on Guy’s Campus

Yes, an actual snake

animal KCL kings loose reptile snake wild

A snake has gone missing in Boland House. Yes, really.

The creature is on the loose in the home of  the Student Union and the legendary Guy’s Bar.

Its owner was reportedly visiting the building when he lost sight of the slippery serpent.

Rumours about the snake have been slithering around campus all week but were finally proven true by a statement from King’s Estates and Facilities, which said: “a non-venomous milk snake had escaped from its owner who was visiting the upper floors of Boland House, St Thomas’ Street, London Bridge, on Friday night.”

It could be anywhere

Thankfully, milk snakes are not dangerous to humans – but despite the non-venomous nature of the snake, people are not exactly pleased with one joining them on campus.

Farwa Nauman, a second year biochemist, asked: “Why would someone bring a snake to Uni? Who carries a snake around?”

Meanwhile, Lindsey McKeown, a second year medic said:  “What is someone doing with a snake to let loose?”

However some students are seeing the positives. Oliver Abe, a third year Classics student told The Tab: “It’s not too bad – another excuse not to go to the library.”

The university have admitted that while they can’t find the snake, they hope it is doing okay.

A spokesman said: “The RSPCA has been contacted and we have informed other users of the building about the possibility of the snake being in the property.

“We have made a search of the property and hope the snake will soon be found safe and well and can be returned to its owner.”

Do you know the whereabouts of the snake? Email us at [email protected]