King’s climbs eight places in world rankings for Arts and Humanities

Take that, Science

arts ba bsc humanities league table ranking science study subjects the times higher education uni

Another day, another University rankings table – but this time, it’s the Arts which come out on top.

We are so used to various rankings telling us about how proficient we currently are in the Sciences, rising up to eighth place in the 2015/16 THE Subject Ranking for Clinical, Pre-clinical and Healthcare.

However this week tables revealed King’s have also climbed eight places in the Arts and Humanities rankings when compared to last year.

Flanked by our old rivals

As a result, this now gives us a lofty ranking of 15th in the world.

This climb up from down in 23rd makes us just one of only five UK universities who rank in the top 20 in the world for Arts and Humanities.

Oxford, Cambridge and UCL rank higher than us, making it into the top 10, while Edinburgh University sits one place below.

Unsurprisingly, the American trio of Harvard, Stanford and MIT make up the top 3.

King’s scored particularly highly on International Outlook and Research, something we’ve always been widely known for excelling at.

Professor Russell Goulbourne, Dean for the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at King’s College London, said: “We are delighted by our rise from 23rd to 15th in the latest Times Higher Education World University Rankings for Arts and Humanities.

“We performed well in the recent Research Excellence Framework and today’s announcement is further recognition of our world-leading education and research in Arts and Humanities.”