We went to Russell Brand’s new cafe: Trew Era

It was defo for the masses

Russell Brand has decided to jump on the bandwagon for alternative coffee shops by opening a new “revolutionary” cafe in East Landan.

According to Brand, the Trew Era cafe acts as a social enterprise which supports the community by offering jobs to former addicts. On his Twitter page, just before opening his cafe, Brand wrote: “People in abstinence based recovery and nutters and revolutionaries [are] especially welcome.”

Revolushaaan

The man himself

We spoke to some of these nutters and revolutionaries to see what they thought of Trew Era.

George, Student said “I support [Brand’s] values, especially his views on helping former addicts. I like how the cafe encourages people to think about these issues and helps the community. I also think the cafe’s pretty good!”

“As someone growing up watching him on TV, I look up to him and agree with his ideas…it’s good to see someone starting something like this.”

“I won’t be voting as my 18th birthday is three days after the election date so I won’t be able to! But if I could I would probably vote Green party because I can relate to their policies the most.”

Heather and Krystal said “We like the project and want to support Russell Brand’s cause”

Heather – “I’ve been a fan of his since I came across an episode of the Trews (Russell Brand’s YouTube series), and I think he has some really great ideas.”

“I would vote if I could, but unfortunately I’m Canadian!”

Krystal said “Yeah, it’s good coffee”

Djyeo, actor, presenter, model, coffee lover said “I agree with the ethics behind the cafe and like how the money goes back to the community, unlike other commercial cafes which only care about profit. Also, I just love coffee”.

“I’m a big fan of his, I think he has some really good ideas and if people got behind him, they would work better.”

“I probably will vote, although I’m not sure it will make any difference if I do or not, if I decide I will vote Green, though.”

“I think the coffee is great and so cheap!” (He even got a second one because he loved it so much, not sure if he’s biased though lol…).

Layla, artist 

“I wanted to see Russell Brand”.

“I like him”

“I have to ask Russell for permission to vote”

(then she just walked off and started touching leaves)

THE VERDICT:

Discussion (mainly about politics):10/10

Food: 7/10- not bad

Coffee: 8/10- decently price (£1.80)

After spending a morning rubbing shoulders with the proletariat, it seems safe to say that Brand is probably onto something with his quest to caffeinate the revolution. Good food, good chat, good time: would recommend.