Julian Markham fire alarm hell: Halls evacuated up to 13 times a day

Residents are livid

Frustrated freshers staying at Unite’s Julian Markham House have been forced to evacuate their rooms up to 13 times a day.

Incessant fire drills have been plaguing the £178.50-a-week halls since September, with no signs of stopping.

Erratic alarms have become so regular, residents aren’t even leaving their beds any more – the percentage going down on par with student satisfaction.

First year Medic Saajan Jamahl, said: “The fire alarms are more outrageous than the debauchery observed on a Wednesday night at Guy’s bar.”

After a 30 minute “satanic symphony” last Tuesday, halls staff claimed they were “working on it”, however since then the aggravating alarms have gone of at least three times.

Shaan Mirza, a 3rd year RLA for Julian Markham House said: “They do have a tendency to go off. Frequently.”

The few beleaguered residents who still make it outside, are joined only by a handful of staff in the lobby, in a Blitz re-enactment that never seems to stop.

As taken from the Julian Markham Facebook group these students are thoroughly pissed off – for a hefty £178.50 a week you’d expect fire alarms that work.

But despite the therapeutic banter, the distressing frequency of the alarms makes cooking unlikely as the source of the problem.

Death threats are being given