Victory is ours! Backtracking Ed SCRAPS ‘King’s London’ rebrand

Lol

In a dramatic turnaround,  the rebranding of King’s College London to “King’s London” will NOT go ahead.

Ed was forced to make the humiliating U turn following the colossal backlash from King’s students and staff alike.

In an internal email , Principal Ed Byrne finally admitted defeat, saying: “The brand name favoured after the consultative process was ‘King’s London’, but there has been a great deal of feedback from many in the King’s community who were unhappy with this potential change.”

This doesn’t need replacing after all

“[So] it has been decided that plans to use the promotional name of ‘King’s London’ will not go ahead.”

But he added that there is still support for ‘reviewing the way we present ourselves’, suggesting that changes to brand aspects such as our logo may still be on the cards.

Even so, this a huge victory for students who’ve tirelessly campaigned against the rebranding.

Emily Braddock, who created a 12,000 signature-strong petition against the rebranding, said: “It’s fantastic news! I think it shows the College is finally starting to listen to us – and that we can make them listen if we want to!”

“I hope from here we can see more changes in the system and see more consultation with and contribution from students, staff and alumni on the way that King’s College London is run.”

Filippo Gáfaro-Barrera, who threatened to sue KCL should the rebrand go ahead told us: “It’s great to see everyone stand up to defend our university’s name.

“This episode has taught us once again that the grassroots should always be ready to challenge the leadership”