Saving with style: Clothes under a tenner

Calling on cheapos! Here’s how to look great, save £££ and have a fun day out-all in one

It’s that time of the month again.. The time when your paycheck hasn’t come through, but your wardrobe is looking its thinnest. Even when you do get paid, is that money going to productively spent on clothes after topping up your oyster, hitting Tescos and having that much needed pint after lectures?

Well, now you can. You just have to alter your store preferences a little…

Sonia found this cute check shirt for £10. A tenner. The bright colouring and marble effect of the check is super original: hooray for affordable fashion!

Thrift stores are fast becoming the new places to shop. Special vintage fairs allow you to stuff a bag’s worth of clothes and get it all for £1! Madness! And on a regular day, things are still fairly and cheaply priced. Vintage is old, so why are thrift stores any different? Yes it’s 9 times out of 10 used and second-hand; some items could be missing a button or two or have a slight rip. But what are sewing kits for?

Frida was also a lucky one, getting this adorable green tree-patterned skirt for next to nothing. She walked into the shop next door and found the thatched crochet top. Love match. Working well separately or as a pair, who cares? It cost her less than £15 for both.

With East London being the gateway to this treasure trove of funky and alternative clothing, more and more Londoners are turning to vintage fairs and thrift shops as it most definitely more student-friendly than Topshop or Urban Outfitters. Most times, you can even find items from these high street brands that have been discarded and dumped, ready for a new owner.

Another beautiful steal is this white pleated maxi skirt. So boho, so on-trend and so pocket-friendly at £7. Primark might have your back for cheap wardrobe essentials but let me just say that this skirt’s brand….well it most definitely is not Primark 😉 Envious am I.

What’s one man’s trash is another man’s treasure is the key motto here. It’s never been more true.