The types of people you meet on Valentine’s Day

It’s all chocolate and flowers. And sometimes sex and crying.

he

Don’t you just love this time of the year when all the stores are covered in hearts and filled with teddy bears and chocolate? It is the time of the year dreaded by all singletons and anti-romantics…need I say more? Valentines Day is approaching.

I for one think its quite scary that a fat chubby kid – also referred to as Cupid – is frantically running around with an arrow during Valentines Day, desperately trying to shoot down people to tickle each others’ pickle. In all honesty, would you trust this little guy and put your fate into his hands?

I know I wouldn’t.

Cupid aside, it is fascinating to see the different types of people you come across during Valentines Day. There are…

Happy smug couples

Smug looking couples who are pretty much “sorted” for Valentines Day

The fighting couple

Where we frequently witness the typical ‘I cannot believe you forgot to get me a present for Valentines Day’ fit, even though the girl – let’s just assume it was the girl, because lets be honest, it usually is –  insisted  “All I need and want is you, not some silly gift.”

The panicky single

The type that quickly rushes through the streets, university, or if all else fails, signs up to a dating site to find Mr or Mrs Right for the night.

The rebellious type

Last but not least, the rebellious type that refuses to give into societal pressure, screwing society, all its norms and expectations over by simply going out clubbing with their ‘homies’

So which one are you?  I for one will be spending Valentines Day with Mr Daniels. My soul mate, my Mr Right and my partner in crime, who supports my every rebellious move – Jack Daniels is (for now at least) the love of my life.

Bring on Valentines Day, I say!