How not to start a conversation on Tinder

Have you got Tinder game? We’ve done our research – and here’s some horrendously cringe Tinder chat up lines

Tinder – the ‘bad-boy’ app sending Match.com down under and spreading across King’s like a wildfire.

People are frantically checking their accounts in lectures and around uni too see whether they’ve managed to strike any ‘matches’. There was once a time when people socialized, spoke face to face, met at Walkabout or Guy’s absolutely hammered and enticed each other from afar. But forget that – it’s so last year.

It’s a ‘would bang’ *swipe* ‘wouldn’t bang’ *swipe* phenomenon that allows people to find their matches 24/7 and within their radius (in case you’re too broke to travel or in desperate need of some speedy lovin’).

But once you find your match, how to kick it up a notch? What you need is ‘Tinder game’.  And evidence suggests not many of you have it. Let me show you what I mean..

The copy and paste

I’m sorry but that’s not original, there is no flattery about me, and I don’t really want to send you anything. That message is either a template you reuse or you have loads of time on your hands right now..

Mr ‘would you rather?’

The Liar

Intense for a first message on Tinder. What happened to regular flirting? If I had to answer that though, it would be 10 guinea pig sized lions. In case you were wondering.

IS THAT EVEN A LEGIT COURSE?!

Pesky player

ERMMM, no? So you basically think I’m your booty call? At least be a little bit tasteful and make me believe you have some standards. Jeez.

Cheesy geezer

Cheesy

I’ll cut you some slack, you complimented me (be it very cheesy). It’s nice to be appreciated.

NB: to anyone who was exposed I mean to cause no offence, but let’s be honest, you deserve it.