The most annoying hashtags on Instagram

Five irritating hashtags you WILL find in your instagram feed.

People hate to admit it BUT all instagramers upload pictures with the same intentions – THE ‘DOUBLE TAP’ REACTION  from fellow instafollowers.  I mean let’s be honest, if this wasn’t the case why would we bother?  Here’s the top 5 most over-used hashtags.

1)      #NOMAKEUP

#NOMAKEUP

This is my favourite. I guess this is mainly for the girls (perhaps some metrosexual men can relate) – every girl has at least one of these on her Instagram feed. The ‘natural’ picture where you must convince everyone that you look absolutely flawless – whether it be when you wake up, just came out the shower, hungover, basically when a normal human would usually look like death. The ‘no make-up’ style make- up and endless hashtags saying you’re not wearing make- up…even though we all know YOU ARE. CLASSIC.

2)      #THESILLYFACE

#INBED #ITHINKIMREALLYCOOL #IACTUALLYLOOKLIKEANIDIOTTHOUGH #PLEASELIKEMYPICTURES

This is a shrewd upload. A silly face where you look silly enough to be that light-hearted and absolutely hilarious person who is ‘too cool to care’ yet hot enough to convince the insta-population that you look good even when pulling a ridiculous face. This picture will have been taken at least 20 times prior to uploading, AT LEAST.

3)      #ICHILLWITHCELEBS

#GHOSTFACE #MYBESTIE #IDIDNOTCHASEHIMDOWN #HEKNOWSME #IMFAMOUSTOO

You run after a celebrity, chase them down, and beg them to take a picture. This picture is then uploaded with hashtags such as #casual #chilling #hangingout as if you and this celebrity (who doesn’t even know your name) are friends. This is all to show your insta-followers that you have an epic life and you mix with rich, beautiful and famous people and you’re well connected when really… this celebrity won’t remember who you were the following hour.

4)      #FOODPORN

#SOYUMMY #IMGOINGTOPRETENDIMACHEF #IMAWOMANOFMANYTALENTS #EVENTHOUGHMYMUMMADETHIS

Nobody cares what anyone else eats. For me, unless I’m getting some, I REALLY DON’T CARE. Yet everyone thinks it’s necessary to upload pictures of something you have eaten to make everyone believe that you’re ‘wining and dining’ in fancy places with fancy people – when actually you’re with your family and the whole evening is a fairly embarrassing and awkward affair.

5)      #SMOKING

#IMMYSTERIOUS #SMOKINGLYMYSTERIOUSIFYOUWILL #IDIDNOTTAKETHIS25TIMESTOGETITRIGHT #BELIEVEME

Even though your friend has taken this picture 25 times in the last 30 seconds at every angle possible to try and capture all the smoke, you want everyone to think that this was casual. You want people to believe that despite your lungs being ugly you look this sexy and mysteriously ‘smokin’ all the time.