15 signs you’re in final year

You know you’re a third year when…

From overdosing on caffeine to getting extra friendly with your dissertation supervisor, here are 15 ways you know you’re in your final year at King’s.

1. Your daily food intake reads like a Victoria’s Secret model diet plan. Coffee, Ritalin, Red Bull. Repeat.

2. The number of people on your friends list who become engaged, married or pregnant gets greater from one week to the next.

3. You now know your way around the Maughan.

And you WILL throw your Cappuccino over that kids’ laptop who’s been “whispering” to his mate for the past 20 minutes.

silent zone banter

4. You desperately make all those questionable Facebook albums private as you apply for grad schemes.

Because employment hates fun.

5. You see it as your duty to take a seat beside the fresher complaining about having to write a 2,000 word essay and do this:

life lessons

6. You’ve started to drink wine by the glass rather than the bottle.

1994 chateau latour

7. Grad schemes are taking over your life

And you’re not even on one yet. You now wish you hadn’t burnt all your GCSE maths books. And calculators.

8. You see your dissertation supervisor more often than your loved one. They just understand you…

BFF

9. You contemplate a Masters because the idea of a full-time job scares you shitless.

I don’t wanna grow up

10. You give people this look when people ask you THAT question

“So what are you going to do once you graduate?”

Just don’t bring it up

11. This was you in first year:

All about evolution

This is you in final year:

12. You’re on first name basis with the barista at Starbucks.

And you’ve hit the Gold reward level 3 times in the past week.

13. You’ve been at the library for 4 hours and your screen still looks like this:

14. You look at freshers with a mix of disdain and sneering contempt.

15. During the Christmas holidays, while everyone asks about how uni is going, your Dad has to add, “alright, but can you change a spark plug?”