Launching soon!

The Tab Kings may not have fully launched yet but we still bring you breaking news. Click here to find out more.

The Tab does things differently to boring student media. We want to have a laugh and bring you the stuff you actually like. That’s why we already have over 250,000 readers a month.

We don’t write long features about national politics or foreign affairs, because student journalists can’t do them justice. Even at national papers, only the most experienced reporters are allowed to write them.

We don’t write long features about foreign affairs or the student union, because no one wants to read them here. Good journalism is about the news readers care about.

More than a student paper

Founded in Cambridge in 2009, The Tab has spread across the country. We are a newspaper for students run by professional journalists, not a student newspaper run by amateurs.

Tab stories regularly find their way into the national press because Tab journalists are a cut above the rest, and Fleet Street knows it.

“Recognition by The Tab is a good indication of a young journalist’s potential. Students who have worked on The Tab will have a head start on their CV.” – Maurice Chittenden, Saturday editor of The Sunday Times

If you are serious about journalism The Tab is the place for you. Our journalism page (hyperlink) explains everything you need to know. From basic new reporting skills to how to get work experience.

If you just want to have fun and cause trouble, we’re still your best bet.

To get involved please email [email protected]