No one turned up to the X-Factor auditions in Kent

Only 40 people showed

The X-Factor was, once upon a time, the highlight of Saturday night entertainment.

It was sob stories, big ballads and Louis Walsh pronouncing his contestants names’ wrong and we loved it.

But sadly, over the years that have passed since Matt Cardle went to rehab and James Arthur got dropped by the label for being an outright homophobe – we’ve evidently become disillusioned with the show that saw Simon Cowell get water thrown in his face.

And on Monday March 13, it looked like the magic may have vanished entirely, as only 40 hopefuls turned up to audition for show producers at Dreamland in Margate.

The talent series, which saw an audience peak in 2010 but has since seen ratings steadily decline, was in the Kent town for early auditions, however Kent Live‘s pictures show only six or seven people queuing to sing for their place on the new series, which will kick off in August.

An X-Factor source explained: ‘These are the small scale pod auditions where people drop by – not the large scale events filmed for TV which will happen later in spring.’

And a Dreamland spokesperson said other X Factor auditions had taken place the day before, explaining: ‘There was another audition at Maidstone Pizza Express on the Sunday and another in a bar in Broadstairs over the weekend, I think.’

So overall it doesn’t seem likely that the next Christmas number one will be coming from a Kent local.

NOW WATCH:
The Tab Kent The Tab Kent News