Milo Yiannopoulos will speak at his old school in Canterbury next week

He was expelled from the grammar school over 15 years ago

The controversial right-wing journalist Milo Yiannopoulos will be in Canterbury next week to address sixth form students at Simon Langton Grammar School, his alma mater.

The technology editor for Breitbart.com who once declared that “feminism is cancer” announced his intention to return to the school via his Facebook page on Tuesday.

The post stated that Simon Langton “once upon a time expelled me for absolutely outrageous behaviour” and that the “moral of the story is: success trumps everything!”

milo-yiannopoulos

The outspoken Donald Trump supporter was invited by the Simon Langton Liberal Arts society, a cohort of sixth form students at the school to talk about a range of topics including the “alt-right”, the US election and the rise of identity politics.

It is only open to sixth form students at the school and will be taking place on Tuesday 22nd November at 4pm.

Facebook comments from parents and students alike have varied from outrage to willingness to hear what Yiannopoulos has to say.

Peter Walters, who claims online that he is a teacher at Simon Langton stated that: “I believe I know our senior students quite well… I have no doubt that they will listen to what he has to say, take the opportunity to quiz him on his beliefs and ideals, then make up their own minds.”

Whereas Kat Peddie stated on Facebook: “the rise of Farage and Trump really shows is no-platforming of this kind of **** is probably a better idea than we thought.”