What is it with straight men trying to get with lesbians?

Men will back off if you have a boyfriend, but not if you’re a woman with a girlfriend

All my life, up until I  met my girlfriend, I had only ever been in a relationship with guys, and, like many other girls, I’d been approached by a few creeps when I was out. But that was ok because I could just point them in the direction of my boyfriend and they would be gone, no problem. However, since I have been with a girl, it seems that the rules to this game have completely  changed.

My realisation of this issue started on a night out with my girlfriend and a few of our friends. We were enjoying dancing around to Fall Out Boy when this pest came along. Most girls will know the type I mean – they could creep you out from a mile away and can almost always be found jumping from girl to girl in the club, desperately trying to get some action (because they probably haven’t seen any since that game of truth or dare in 2009).

Hero of the night

But I have to give it to him, this guy was by far the most persistent creep I’ve ever dealt with. We did everything to try and dissuade him – we avoided all eye contact, danced to the other side of the floor, we formed an impenetrable group formation, but he was still buzzing around us, relentlessly offering his drinks.

When my friends went to the bar he swooped in on me, within seconds he had invited me back to his ‘place’ and had even offered me a bed for the night. Naturally, my girlfriend came over and we told him that we were in a relationship, and like a true sex-pest, his instant response was “ahh, well I’m alright with a threesome.” As though our relationship was some kind of sexual burden that we were lucky he was willing to put up with.

Obviously, we declined, but he just persisted and persisted. That is, until one of our male friends came over. He put one arm around us each and said ‘this is my girlfriend’, and the sex pests reaction? ‘ahh sorry mate, I didn’t know.’

Why is this? Why is it that a relationship just won’t be respected by some men until there is another man involved?

This was the first of many times that a lad has thought it would be OK to try and get involved with us just because we are girls and honestly, it is far from it. I’ve had grown men who I have worked with ask me out, and again instead of just moving on I would get questions like ‘is your girlfriend hot? Have you ever got men involved? Would you ever want to?’ but they never would have even dreamed of saying these things if one of us were a man.

Why on earth would I want some creep from the a club anywhere near me or my girlfriend?

This guy is a certified creep, and one who I only knew because I had to interview him one night for work.

It just seems as though these men have no concept of the word ‘no’ unless it comes from another man, and how little they actually respect the women that they are attempting to chat up. The worst part of it all is that it makes my relationship seem worthless.