John Moores ranked 50th in uni league table

But we know it’s the best in Liverpool

john moores rankings students US news

John Moores has been ranked the 50th best University in the UK, but we know different.

The rankings published by U.S. News are based on twelve indicators including things such as the number of PhDs awarded and the Universities Global research reputation.

When the time comes and you have to start filling out that dreaded UCAS application form, is anyone actually being influenced by these absurd league tables?

On paper most Universities seem very similar, with each boasting about how great their academic track record is.

We rule

League tables are pointless in comparison to talking to students who have actually been there and done it.

Nine times out of ten your University course wont be exactly as it claims on the website.

Each University will hold a different appeal to each student as an individual and the course they are studying.

Thomas Begbie, a Journalism student, said “I’m not too concerned about where we stand, especially not in correlation to Uni of.

“To me it depends which course you’re studying, LJMU has the second best sports and exercise course in the country. There should be more information about course rankings rather than the uni.”

Any true LJMU student would be shocked to find their University so far below rival The University of Liverpool which was ranked 15th.

Lets not forget The Guardian’s league table which takes into account the more important things such as student satisfaction – they ranked LJMU the best University in Liverpool.