Potential dildo thrown onto the pitch during Wrexham vs. Tranmere match

They were just dicking around

A man has been arrested on Tuesday for throwing an object which looked like a pink sex toy onto the pitch during the second half of the recent Tranmere Rovers vs. Wrexham match.

Fans shared various images on social media of the offending object and Scott Davies, goalkeeper for Tranmere Rovers, had the awkward task of quickly removing the item off the pitch.

At least he was wearing gloves!
(Pictures: Craig Colville/Leader)

The photographer who captured the uncomfortable moment as it unfolded said: “I was covering the game when I heard a thud. I saw what I thought was a carrot and thought ‘what sort of football fan would take a carrot to a game?’ When I realised what it was, I thought crikey – that could have taken someone’s eye out or chipped a tooth.”

Just chilling on the pitch… (Pictures: Craig Colville/Leader)

North Wales Police Inspector Paul Wycherley tweeted following the match saying that the man “who threw a missile onto the playing area” was arrested but refused to comment on the true identity object.

A spokesperson for North Wales Police said “We are unable to comment on what type of article was thrown, as it will form part of the evidence still to be put to the accused and/or used as part of a prosecution case.”

The perpetrator?

A second arrest was also made that night on suspicion of making racist comments and assaulting a steward and a police officer as well as a third male being taken into custody for breaching a previously issued banning order.

Other forms of minor crowd trouble occurred at the Wrexham/Tranmere derby included at least two flares being set off from both home and visiting fans, but it has not yet been confirmed whether the flares were also sex toys.