Liam Miller’s best friend charged with his murder

They also played in a band together

A John Moores fresher was brutally murdered by his best friend and fellow bandmate, a court heard today.

Samuel Frederick Donely appeared in court charged with the murder of first year Liam Miller, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Leader of their five-piece rock band “Nocebo” Donely, 19, of Hamilton Drive appeared before Leeds Crown Court today charged with the murder of his bandmate.

Liam Miller, 20, was stabbed to death on Hamilton Drive West on July 27th after returning home for the summer from JMU.

The teenager is also accused of attempting to murder Theophilos Theopilou who was found wounded nearby the scene.

Donely entered no pleas towards the case and spoke only to confirm his name.

Chris Brown, a lecturer at LJMU school of Art and Design, said he had burst into tears after hearing of the student’s death. He described Liam as a graphic designer who would go on to be brilliant.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, coursemate Dan Kelly said: “He was the joker of the group, he always put a smile on your face. He came out with all this weird and wacky stuff, crazy ideas that had everyone laughing.

“Liam will live on in so many people’s hearts and he will be missed deeply by so many.

“This still hasn’t begun to sink in and God knows when it will.”

Donely will remain in custody until a preliminary hearing on August 19th.