The Videos Imperial clubs are hoping will score them a cool £5k prize

Our RBS ESSA entries so far

Every year the Enterprising Student Society Accreditation program launches the Bronze Award, a free-to-enter competition where student clubs/socs enter videos in an attempt to win the £5,000 grand prize for whichever gets the most views. We’ve put together the entries from Imperial for anyone interested/looking to procrastinate to enjoy.

TaeKwonDo

ICUTKD went down the Jonathan-Nolan-film-trailer road, showing us all about about what they’ve learned from the sport and putting it all to the test with an ever-so-slightly dramatic soundtrack. It also features a minion, a onesie, and lots of jaw-level kicks. With over 2,000 views it is one of the leading entries in the competition and could go on to take the big prize.

IC Rugby

Called ‘preparation’, ICURFC’s entry features their preparations for this year’s varsity game including a coach journey, matching hoodies, and a warm-up. The music is quite deep and words were in short order at the Stoop until a motivational speech from the coach. The video feels a bit like a promo for the big day and has a deep and meaningful feel that no doubt makes you feel a bit bad about not going to the gym more often.

IC Football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OduISRj88o

Another one about getting ready for things, ICUAFC used a similarly epic soundtrack and montage from training sessions at Harlington and Ethos. The video boasts about prestige, an apetite for success, travelling 40,000 miles, and also features a man rubbing his nipples. Odd. The video boasts over 1,000 views and lots of matching training tops. Which is your favourite? Have your say in our poll below.

Are you part of a club or society that’s entering the competition? Send us your video to [email protected]