Picocon 30: An Imperial SF and Fantasy Convention

Absolutely massive SF convention at Imperial on valentine’s weekend, if your special lady also has pointy ears.

Picocon is returning to Imperial on the weekend of the 16-17 February. This year the College’s annual Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention is bigger than ever and you’re all invited.

With over a dozen external speakers there is sure to be something for everyone at the convention. The Guests of Honour this year are:

• Peter F. Hamilton (appearing Saturday only)
  • Kate Griffin
  • Richard Morgan
  • Stephanie Swainston

Other confirmed speakers include:

• Kari Sperring
  • Juliet McKenna
  • Ian Whates
  • Pat Cadigan
  • Sarah Ash
  • Mike Shevdon
  • David Tallerman
  • Professor Edward James
  • Graham Sleight

Planned activities include panels, quizzes, tabletop role-playing games, a LAN tournament and our trademark Destruction of Dodgy Merchandise (with liquid nitrogen and a giant hammer – attendees are encouraged to bring along their own items).

Take that, shitty twilight figurine

As well as destroying dodgy merchandise they’ll also be an opportunity to pick up some of the good stuff in the convention’s retailer’s room. Confirmed stalls include booksellers, graphic designers, LARP gear sellers and costumiers.

Doors open at 10am on both days with registration in Metric. Student tickets are £15 for both days and £12 for one day, with significant discounts available for members of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Society. For more information, and to pre-register, visit icsf.org.uk/picocon or email the Picocon Sofa (as opposed to chair) at [email protected]