URGENT APPEAL: Hull Uni student Libby Squire is MISSING

She was last seen leaving [W]elly on Friday at 11pm

A search is underway for University of Hull student Libby Squire who has been missing since yesterday.

The University of Hull philosophy student, 21, was last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly on Beverly Road at around 11pm.

At the time Libby was wearing a black long sleeved top, leather jacket and black denim skirt with lace; is 5ft 7ins and has shoulder-length brown hair.

Image may contain: Black Hair, Female, Hair, Dimples, Smile, Face, Human, Person

The police are currently trying to contact a witness who was seen helping Libby on Beverly Road near Beresford Avenue at around 11.45pm; the man in question was driving a silver Citroen.

This afternoon, police officers were spotted at The Courtyard on campus, where it is understood Libby lived.

Image may contain: Hair, Apparel, Clothing, Selfie, Girl, Dating, Mouth, Lip, Teeth, Photo, Photography, Portrait, Woman, Laughing, Female, Hug, Smile, Human, Person, Face

h/t @rachelchristii, Twitter.

It is understood 50 officers are currently on the search in the student areas of Hull looking for Libby, knocking on doors in the Beverly Road/Newland area.

Fellow residents of The Courtyard have said “Libby was quiet, and kept herself to herself” and that “she stayed in her room a lot of the time”.

A spokeswoman for the university said: “The University of Hull is aware of concerns relating to one of our students. The safety and wellbeing of our students is our priority. We are unable to make any further comment at this time.”

Image may contain: Couch, Hug, Smile, Interior Design, Indoors, Skirt, Chair, Furniture, Woman, Face, Female, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing

h/t @rachelchristii, Twitter.

The Humberside police have stated “Officers have been working closely with staff and security at the University of Hull and our investigations are ongoing.”

If you know or see anything in relation to this story, please call 101 quoting log 29