Prince Charles to visit Hull

City of Culture eat your heart out

2017 went off with a bang in Hull as we celebrated the beginning of Hull’s reign as City of Culture and to make it even better, Hull will be getting a Royal Visit from Prince Charles today.

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall will be visiting the city’s latest and greatest attractions, getting the chance to experience what Hull offers. It is said that the Prince will be visiting late morning and touring around Hull throughout the afternoon.

The Prince and Duchess will start their visit at the New Ferens Art Gallery, where they can view some of the rare artwork including the Pietro Lorenzetti masterpiece and other pieces from the National Gallery. During this visit they can meet some of the volunteers, and then join other guests at a reception to celebrate UK City of Culture in Hull. Prince Charles will then visit the Holy Trinity Church, where he will meet the people involved with the church’s restoration.

During this time, the Duchess of Cornwall will visit Emmaus Hull and East Riding, where she will meet supporters and friends of the charity and unveil a plaque in celebration of her visit.

The Prince will then attend the rehearsals of ‘The Hypocrite‘ and it will be launching at Hull Truck Theatre later in the month and is a co-production of the Royal Shakespeare Company and Hull 2017. He will also meet and greet the cast and production team.

The Deep

The final event of the day will be the Duchess presenting prizes and visit the writing workshops at The Deep, this is linked to the launch of the National Writing Day, taking place later this year.

Hull City CouncilĀ announced Carr Lane and Chariot Street, was closed earlier today but is now open. South Church Side, by Holy Trinity, has been shut since 7pm yesterday and will reopen 3pm today The Ferens until approximately 2.30pm.Ā It will reopen fully when the royal tour ends.

The public will be able to see the Royals at each of the events and wave and cheer as they pass. This visit should give the City of Culture a huge boost and make Hull 2017 the best year yet.

NOW WATCH:
The Tab Hull The Tab Hull News