A guide to having fun in Hull after exams

Let’s lose our minds and go f*****g crazy

After weeks of revising and even more weeks of sitting exams, for the majority of us, exams are almost over. Hooray!

Whether you’ve been the one applying the fetal position half way through an exam, or breezing it within the first 45 mins, everyone needs at least a week of doing nothing but: sleeping, eating and Amazon Prime, before they even contemplate leaving the house and venturing back into the cruel realities of society.

[W]elly’s bank holiday Special

Of course it's a hangover from [w]elly!

Of course it’s a hangover from [w]elly!

Everyones most loveable club in Hull, [W]elly are having a bank holiday bonanza with Yo-Yo Vs Wolfpack.

• Sunday 29th May
  • £6.00, £5.00 NUS or £4.00 for members.

This is a must – for any of those who are finished with exams, or those who aren’t finished and just don’t care because this is going to be a massive night! Yo-Yo will take stage downstairs with Wolfpack claiming the upstairs dance floor. Better get those [W]elly shoes on, because it’s going to be one hell of a sticky night.

If [W]elly isn’t for you then why not head down to The Sugar Mill where Marvin Humes will be guest DJ’ing. Everyone loves JLS’ ex band member and Capital radio presenter.

The Deep

Majestic sea nettle

Majestic sea nettle

The Deep is a classic. Hull is known for its amazing submarium. If you’re not into the fishes then it also boasts an array of insects and amphibians- something for everyone. For a nice relaxing chill-out why not spend some time in the deep oceans and enjoy the views of the Box Jelly Fish,  Phacellophora Camtschatica (Egg-Yolk Jellyfish) or the sea nettle and de-stress after a vast period of hard work.

• Hull
  • £11.00 (student)

However, there are other places to sight see in Hull without going to the Deep. Why not have a walk around the Maritime Museum or Ferens Art Gallery. These are accessible to everyone being in the middle of the town centre…you’ll just have to dodge all the road works!

A lazy Netflix and PJ day

Let’s be honest, we have had many days like this in the past year-probably crying over essay results when you thought you’d done better than you had- but this time we can spend all day in bed streaming from Netflix or Amazon Prime without the added guilt.

Why not spend a day rewatching Jessica Jones or Orange is the new Black from season one again, with a nice big tub of Ben and Jerry’s. Forget about that exam that almost made you emotionally breakdown one hour and ten minutes in, you probably didn’t do that bad, and spend the day de-stressing, enjoying life.

Although this might not be the conventional “fun”, it is definitely necessary in order to regain faith in your education and well being.

Yorkshire wildlife park

A cute wallaby and a joey!

A cute wallaby and a joey!

An excellent day out for squad.

Located in Doncaster, Yorkshire wildlife park isn’t that far away if you can persuade that housemate with a car to drive you there and back, or else it’s a train ticket to Donny please. There is an array of animals for the whole house to enjoy including meerkats, otters, wallabies and a polar bear! What’s not to love?!

• £13.50 (student)
    Doncaster

If this isn’t to your liking and prefer something a bit more exciting, make a trip up to Flamingo Land where they have animals and loads of crazy rides to scare the shit out of you.

EOYB

This year’s – The Great Gatsby themed -ball is a reason to be hyped. It’s set to have a fun fair, as usual, and a whiskey Bar! Let’s all get absolutely shit faced as we celebrate another gruling year, or -for third years – the end of their degree.

This is going to be a night to remember, with Nick Grimshaw and Tinchy Stryder being the headlining acts. Make sure you’re dressed to impress and dance like it’s the 1920’s.

Swan Lake – Vienna Festival Ballet

Let's walk along the beach

Let’s walk along the beach

A nice relaxing night out where you can chill after the EOYB antics.  Music is by Tchaikovsky and is set to boast a range of stunning costumes, scenery and international stars. Come and watch one of the best loved stories.

• The Spa- Bridlington
  • Sunday 5th June

If you make a day of it, you can spend the whole day on the beach eating lemon sorbet. Yum!

However you decide to spend the next coming weeks, whether chilling out or getting comatosed, just remember -don’t step a foot back into the library until September!