You can pay £1.50 to send a candy cane to your crush at uni

So Mean Girls

If you’re struggling to get bae to notice you, or you can’t quite figure out how to thank your housemate for putting up with you, RAG Soc are offering the chance to deliver a candy cane on your behalf.

Send a candy cane to someone special at just £1 each, or pay £1.50 for Santa’s Little Helpers – RAG members Ellie, Lucy and Sophia – to deliver them for you. They’ll even deliver during lectures and socials.

The canes come with a gift tag so you can write a festive message to your special someone, or perhaps you might sign it anonymously – everyone needs a Christmas-time admirer.

Third years, Ellie and Sophia, will be getting into the yuletide spirit on Wednesday and Friday this week

Sweet and mysterious - who will you be sending one of these lovely little gifts to?

Sweet and mysterious – who will you be sending one of these lovely little gifts to?

The girls will be holding a stall in the Union building on Wednesday 9th and Friday 11th December.

Ellie said: “As a fan of mean girls I think this is a fun idea to get people in the Christmas spirit, while also raising money for a great cause.

“Of course, for those wishing to play a trick on their friends there’s the opportunity to send them anonymously, just as long as it’s in the Christmas spirit.”

Childreach International Charity are a great organisation who work with children in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and also here in the UK. All of the proceeds of Ellie and Sophia’s event will be going towards Childreach to help keep vulnerable children safe.

Sophia added: “We know student loans have run a bit dry at this time of year so this would be a great way of getting your friends something for Christmas while also helping a good cause.”

The girls are getting creative in the kitchen too

And if that isn’t enough to draw your attention to the Union this week, homemade cakes and treats will also be available at the girls’ stall.

So save the dates Wednesday 9th and Friday 11th December for the chance to send a sweet little message to warm hearts in this wintry season.