Lap-dancing and Whip Nae Nae: Take Me Out Hull returns

Let the Yorkshire see the pudding

Hearts were fluttering and cheeks were blushing at last night’s sensational Take Me Out event, held in Asylum and organised by the Raising and Giving Society in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust – but were we fluttering and blushing for the right reasons?

Single man, reveal yourself!

Single man, reveal yourself!

All proceeds went to the very deserving Teenage Cancer Trust

We spoke to third year drama student Meg, one of the “flirty dozen”, just before and asked what would be keeping her light on: “A good sense of humour is so important – love a guy who can make me laugh. I’m not interested in anyone who takes himself too seriously because that’s just no fun!”

Meg admitted that she wasn't looking for love - "just a bit of fun"

‘It’s just a bit of fun, really’

Hosted by the charming and ever-so-slightly controversial Danny Tate (don’t worry Danny, we won’t repeat THAT Madeleine comment), the evening drew in a crowd of over 130 people.

Twelve eligible single ladies ready to be swept off their stiletto-clad feet!

The twelve single ladies ready to be swept off their stiletto-clad feet

With twelve girls to impress, the six boys sure looked a little nervous as they huddled together before taking to the stage.

With twelve girls to impress, the six boys sure looked a little nervous

Each guy was asked to showcase what they believed to be their signature talent – “talent” in the loosest sense of the word – and the stage saw displays of song, dance and even an impressive Gollum impersonation (that one didn’t raise a response from the girls unfortunately). Most entertaining and uncomfortable was third year Jacob Hampshire’s sensual lap-dance.
Weak at the knees, hot and bothered - it'll take a while for us all to recover from Jacob's interpretation of a lap dance

It’ll take a while for us all to recover from Jacob’s interpretation of a lap-dance

Other talents included a ukulele sing-a-long, an impromptu lecture on sharks (yep) and  beat-boxing. Union President Chuby Okide even got involved with a great rendition of the Whip Nae Nae dance.

Our very own President took to the stage to flaunt his skills

Our very own President took to the stage to flaunt his skills – and he got himself a date

Aside from the “talents”, the crowd also found themselves audience to some pretty embarrassing stories courtesy of the guys’ friends – all of which were adamantly denied by the guys in question, of course. But tales of kissing sisters at masquerade balls and shitting on the floor while drunk didn’t deter these hardened lasses as every single guy earned himself a date.

Even ukulele enthusiast impressed Anabelle with his melodic string skills

We’re not sure whether love has blossomed between our happy couples but Katie Port said of her lap-dancing beau Jacob Hampshire: “We’ve exchanged numbers and maybe a date is on the cards, but we’ll probably just bump into each other in Asylum.”

We spoke to Jennie Watts, Activities Coordinator for the RAG Society, and asked how she thought the evening went:

“In a word… EPIC. Not only did we almost double our fundraising target but we got so many more people involved than we could have wished for.”

The RAG Soc’s next big event will be 8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown on 12th November in Johnny Mac and Jennie said: “It’s set to be another stormer. We’re all insanely excited.”