Hallelujah! Piper’s set to return after one-week closure

We missed you so much

We said our goodbyes just over a week ago, but it seems that Hull just can’t cope without Piper as the adored club announces its return.

Piper has been taken over by Tradepark LTD who will spend three months jazzing the place up to restore it to its “former glory”.

Having been open since 1965(!), it really was a great shame to see the place close its doors last week.

Having been open since 1965(!), it really was a great shame to see the place close its doors last week

It was announced today that the club we said an emotional goodbye to only last week has been snatched up with the promise of opening in the not-too-distant future.

Company director Mark Butters acknowledged that Piper is “very popular with students and locals alike”.

Once Piper has been given the TLC it deserves, Tradepark plan to rent it out – and said already there’s been loads of interest.

Butters said: “It’s been quite surprising to be honest.” But we’re not surprised.

The savior of Pipers added: “Newland Avenue is really popular as a drinking circuit and The Piper is one of the biggest spaces in the Avenues.

“All along the road, bars are always full and, as The Piper is one of the closest ones to the university, it is certain to become full, busy and exciting again.”

Claire Butters, who will run the company along with her brother, said: “We look forward to adding to the ever-growing amenities of this community.”

All we can do is hope that Tradepark Ltd shares our enthusiasm for our favourite Newland haunt.

Drama second year Meg gushed: “I’m so relieved that its opening again as it’s nice to be able to go to a club that you don’t have to travel far for.”

Well, here’s hoping that the newly refurbished venue will open with a bang, and with it the return of the traditional Piper Monday.