Glasgow Uni is officially Scotland’s ‘most Instagrammed’ university

I’d be satisfied if I went to uni at Hogwarts tbh

How on earth are we in the middle of August? What happened to our summer? HOLD ON…WE GO BACK TO UNI NEXT MONTH?

However, we can debate about this another time because there has just been some exciting news to distract us all. According to The Herald, our very own university is officially the ‘most Instagrammed’ higher institution in Scotland.

Glasgow Uni notched up an impressive 135,831 hashtags on the popular social media platform. As the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world, Glasgow University has commonly drawn comparison with Hogwarts; the school depicted in the Harry Potter franchise.

This doesn’t come as a surprise since Glasgow’s gothic architecture looks so similar to the fictional school for witches and wizards.

The University of Oxford was the most Instagrammed university in the UK, being tagged over 362,937 times. The University of Cambridge were the runner-ups at 254,102 hashtags and Leeds taking third place with 143,483.

This just proves that Glasgow is home to a lot of students obsessed with getting that perfect insta for their feed. And quite frankly, I couldn’t be prouder.

Diliff / CC BY