Here it is: the official Glasgow University pub quiz to play with your mates!

Pencils at the ready

Dear Glasgow students, old and new, you’re probably missing university right now. The world is currently still battling a global pandemic and all we’re wanting to know is when we can go back to Beer Bar and sink a Pint of Fun.

But fear not. The internet has recently given free rein to everyone to create their own pub quizzes and we thought it would be fitting to create The Tab Glasgow’s very own official UofG quiz to help you brush up on your history and knowledge.

So grab your pens and transform your living quarters into University Challenge with just this one quiz. There are 5 rounds and the answers will be posted on our Instagram page. Good luck!

Round 1: Glasgow Trivia

1. What is the name of the river that flows through Glasgow?
  2. What is the name of the professional rugby club that plays at Scotstoun Stadium?
  3. Which park does Glasgow University overlook?
  4. Who designed the Glasgow School of Art, built between 1898 and 1906?
  5. Glasgow’s public underground subway is fondly known as what? (Hint: it is not SPT. Think of a cult movie)
  6. The University of Glasgow was founded in 1451 after Pope Nicholas V gave a papal bull to King James II. This was the second university to be founded in Scotland. Which was the first?
  7. How many student unions are there at the University of Glasgow?
  8. Which Glasgow landmark started to ‘melt’ during the summer heatwave of 2018?
  9. In which square in Glasgow are the City Chambers found?
  10. Glasgow’s public underground subway, or the SPT, stands for what?

Round 2: Name the landmark

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

Round 3: True or False?

1. The Glasgow University student newspaper is called The Gaudie.
  2. The Glasgow University Union (GUU) was the last student union in the UK to have single-sex membership until 1980.
  3. The current First Minister of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon, studied Law at Glasgow University.
  4. The annual D*** F***** Ball at the GUU lasts for 24 hours.
  5. Before the nightclub Viper closed down in 2018, the previous club beforehand was called Cleopatra’s.
  6. There are 55 sports clubs at the university affiliated to the Glasgow University Sport’s Association.
  7. Edward Snowden attended his rector installation ceremony in 2014 via video link from an undisclosed location in Russia.
  8. GUU’s motto is Ex Unitae Vires (Unity is strength).
  9. The D*** F***** theme in 2016 was Alice in Wonderland.
  10. The band, Queen, performed at the QMU in 1974.

Round 4: Glasgow Uni trivia

1. Currently, how much does a Pint of Fun cost in the Glasgow University Union?
  2. Where did this year’s GUCFS Jailbreak winners make it to?
  3. What is the name of the Glasgow University Cheerleading Team?
  4. Who won the annual rugby varsity in 2019 – Glasgow or Strathclyde?
  5. Which Netflix historical action drama was filmed at Glasgow University in 2018?
  6. What was the name of the snowstorm that closed the university for a week in February 2018?
  7. Currently, how much does it cost to get entry into the GUU without a membership card?
  8. What is the name of the official Glasgow University Facebook confession page?
  9. What is the name of the famous cocktail bar on Ashton Lane?
  10. How many minutes did the GUSSC 2020 trip take to sell out on its launch night?

Image may contain: Walking, Leisure Activities, Vehicle, Transportation, Bike, Bicycle, Person, People, Human

Round 5 – Logo Round

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

The answers will be posted on our Instagram page – keep an eye out! Good luck to everyone.