Image may contain: Female, Face, People, Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human

RAG WEEK 2019: The low-down

Here’s what UofG Raising and Giving have in store for you this week, all in aid of Refuweegee

This week (4th-8th February) is RAG week at Glasgow Uni. The UofG Raising and Giving committee have been working hard organising events which they will host across campus to raise money for their chosen charity, Refuweegee.

Established in 2015, Refuweegee looks to warmly welcome refugees to Glasgow through the power of local volunteers and the distribution of welcome packs. RAG are hosting the following events all week to raise both awareness and money for this charity.

ALL WEEK – Library Fines

From the 4th-8th February, the Glasgow University Library will be donating ALL library fines to Refuweegee. Students can pay their fines online or at the reception desk at the library. Remember: you can't graduate until you've paid off all your fines, so now's as good a time as any to level your debt!

Image may contain: Text

Lib so hard mofos wanna fine me

Mon 4th Feb – Alpacas on Campus

The alpacas are back. This event is FREE but donations are, of course, encouraged. Find your favourite furry friends at the main gate next to the John McIntyre Building from 10am-2pm on Monday.

Tues 5th Feb – Bake Sale and Chinese New Year

A classic all-day, money-raising bake sale on library hill – you know the drill. Meanwhile, RAG will also be taking bucket donations at the Chinese New Year celebrations in the Gilchrist Postgraduate Club in the main building.

Image may contain: T-Shirt, Sleeve, Denim, Jeans, Pants, Person, Human, Apparel, Clothing

RAG members

Wed 6th Feb – Gin Tasting

Join RAG for a gin tasting evening with the GU Gin Society and Makar gin in the Gilchrist Postgraduate Club from 6.30pm-8pm. You can buy your tickets through fixr with all proceeds going to Refuweegee.

Thurs 7th Feb – Food & Drink @ QMU and Glitter @ GUU

The committee will be raising money by bucket donation at the Food and Drink Festival in the QMU during the day (1pm-5pm). Later on, you can find them in the GUU Beer Bar where they will be plastering glitter onto drunk people's faces for more donations.

Image may contain: Indoors, Meal, Food, T-Shirt, Shirt, People, Sleeve, Dining Table, Female, Sitting, Table, Denim, Jeans, Chair, Furniture, Pants, Human, Person, Clothing, Apparel

Glitter up in aid of Refuweegee

Fri 8th Feb – DRAG BINGO WITH RU JAZZLE

And for the big finale, head back to the Gilchrist Post Graduate Club from 8pm on Friday for Drag Dingo with Ru Jazzle (as seen in Hillhead Bookclub). RAG will be joined by Scrunchie Bunchies who will be hosting a pop-up shop at the event.