The top places to eat if you’re stuck in Glasgow this summer

Cause what else would you do?

A lot of lucky students are currently sunning it up abroad, having a wild time at festivals and finding themselves travelling, while filling their Instagram feeds with incredible summer pictures.

These will undoubtedly be bringing a tear to your eye if you’re still stuck in Glasgow over summer, but The Tab Glasgow have the solution – we’ve sourced some student-friendly tapas-style eateries for those looking for their next foodie adventure and you’ll finally have something impressive to put on the ‘Gram.

Slug and Lettuce: 150 St Vincent Street

For after work/uni food and early evening pre drinks

The Slug and Lettuce have managed to completely revamp the classic pub scene. This central joint on St Vincent Street has a classy yet chilled atmosphere with its comfortable booths and low-hanging lights. Their carefully-curated music adds to this atmosphere, making the restaurant a perfect place to get you geared up for a night out. If you’re fancying after work drinks, or are perhaps wondering where to go for your pal’s birthday, their new menu boasts a plethora of cocktails which are half price all day every day. We’d recommend the mini cocktail sharing platter, which consists of four classic cocktails and doesn’t come with the stress of making a choice.

Mouth watering

Food wise, the new tapas menu is modern and refreshing; the small dishes are perfect sized for eating before a night out. We’d recommend the pulled pork steam buns, the crispy calamari and the light antipasti selection. They won’t weigh you down and taste great – even better that the tapas are three for 12 pounds all day every day. As if we needed an excuse. Those with larger appetites need not fear, however, as classic sharing boards which come with enough food until you burst are available, along with burgers and main dishes.

Light but tasty

Rioja: 1116 Argyle Street

For authentic Spanish tapas 

Rioja is an absolute must go for anyone wanting to try authentic Spanish tapas dishes with a bit of a modern twist. Just a short walking distance from Kelvingrove Park this restaurant is the perfect location for those wanting to try something a bit different from your average West End vibe. Roija offers a ‘Paella Set Menu’ which allows you to choose three tapas and one paella for £16.75.

Get that Spanish experience without even leaving Ggow

La Vita Spuntini: 199 Byres Rd

For a taste of Italy right here in Scotland

THE place in Glasgow for great Italian dishes. Spuntini’s offers main dishes of pasta and mouth wateringly good pizza, and if one dish isn’t enough they also do smaller tapas-style dishes so you can try a bit of everything. And if you’re looking for a bargain, their five pm menu offers three tapas, a dessert and a glass of sangria or prosecco for £14.95.

Screw the summer bod, I’m getting pizza and prosecco

Mother India’s Café: 1355 Argyle Street

Famed throughout the whole of Glasgow, Mother India is perhaps the go-to place for Indian tapas. You can find all your classic, authentic curries and naans here, but instead of settling for just one dish, you can order as many as you like (although, let’s be sensible – you’ll probably explode if you have more than three to yourself.)

Curry like you’ve never had before

There’s no excuses for summer boredom now, although you can probably say goodbye to that summer bod until next year.