Here’s a list of places you can fly to direct from Glasgow this Summer

Don’t say we’re not good to you

Hide Images

With summer fast approaching, and the end of exams on the horizon, we’ve cooked up a list of some of the top travel destinations you can fly to from Glasgow Airport.

So, pack your bags, grab your passport and give your Mum a call. She worries about you.

Reykjavik, Iceland

If you’re looking to go hiking, Iceland is perfect in July and August. With a volcanic and seismically active landscape, travelling to Iceland could make for a an interesting visit. You should monitor the Safe Travel website for updates on the landscape and whether the area you’re travelling to will be safe from volcanic eruptions during your stay.

Bergen, Norway

Loganair have announced a twice weekly flight from Glasgow to this Norwegian city, commencing in May, and will be on Mondays and Fridays. Remember to pack all the essentials you’ll need. You don’t want to be caught short without a toothbrush and with absolutely no idea how to say it in Norwegian.

Iasi, Romania

Blue Air has also just announced a new route to the largest city in eastern Romania. Iasi is the former capital of the principality of Moldavia. Another twice weekly service, it will begin from June this year. The good thing about Romania is that it shares the same emergency services number as the rest of Europe. So, all you need to remember is call 112 in the event of an emergency. Handy.

Cayo Coco, Cuba

Everyone’s family favourite, Thomas Cook, is flying out of Glasgow to the picturesque destination of Cayo Coco. Remember your travel insurance though, because your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) won’t work in South America (strangely!).

Delhi, India

You can take your pick from several airlines flying to Delhi, the capital of India. With mounds of history, beautiful architecture and amazing cooking, it’s a great summer destination. But do be careful with drinking the water, you don’t want to get stuck with a case of Delhi Belly on your holidays! Just in case, do remember to take out travel insurance.

Jama Masjid, the main mosque in Delhi India

Split, Croatia

This Croatian city has so much to offer with culture, nightlife and beaches. Island hopping is a great possibility from Split, which gives you an endless amount of options on how to spend your summer. If you are thinking of island hopping, try to let people at home know where you’re going to be so that you don’t fall off the face of the Earth completely. It’s tempting, but ultimately, inconvenient.