How to cook 14 meals for one person, with just £10

Ok, £10.72

A tenner doesn’t go far these days, but I’ve managed to feed myself for a week (minus breakfast) on just £10.72. It’s extremely difficult to shop for one person, never mind when you’re on a tight budget. The best way to make the most of your money is to cook two servings of the same meal and eat one for dinner and one for lunch the following day. Here is everything you will need to cook up fourteen delightful dishes.

1. Chilli Con Carne

Servings: 3

You will need:

• 1/3 of your mince
  • tinned kidney beans
  • tinned chopped toms, chilli & pepper
  • rice
  • wraps (optional)

First, cook the mince and boil the rice.

Once your mince is cooked, stir in the tinned ingredients and let it simmer for a few minutes. Now your rice should also be ready.

Fast food, baby. Personally, I like to shove all of this goodness into a wrap but ultimately its up to you.

2. Spaghetti Bolognese

Servings: 3

You will need:

• 1/3 of your mince
  • Spaghetti
  • Tinned toms

This meal is super easy. First brown your mince and then boil your pasta. Once the mince is cooked, add the tomatoes and voila.

3. Mince & Tatties

This one is pretty basic and not that mouth watering but we’re surviving off a tenner, remember.

Servings: 2

You will need:

• 1/3 of your mince
  • 2 potatoes

Cook your mince, boil your potatoes and hey, presto – you have a slightly appetising meal.

4. Baked Potatoes & Beans

A classic.

Servings: 2

You will need:

• Two potatoes
  • Tinned beans

Cook your potatoes, either in the oven or microwave. Heat up your beans and you’re all set.

5. Chicken Curry

This was delicious.

Servings: 2

You will need:

• Curry Sauce
  • Rice
  • Chicken

First cook your chicken and rice, then simply add curry sauce, it’s as easy as that.

6. Fajitas 

Who doesn’t love fajitas?

Servings: 2

You will need:

• Chicken
  • Wraps
  • Tinned tomatoes, chilli & pepper

Cook your chicken, add your tomatoes and wrap that baby up.

Success. You’ve made it. You’ve managed to survive for one week with just a tenner.

Thank you Lidl.