Young woman attacked on Kelvin Way

Her phone was stolen in the attack

A 20-year-old woman was dragged to the ground and robbed on Kelvin Way on Sunday night.

The young woman was walking along the street when she was assaulted by a man at around 11pm. She did not need to go to the hospital but was badly shaken by the incident.

Police investigation has found that another attacker on a bike may have been involved in the incident and they are appealing for any information.

The first attacker is described as 5ft 8in, white, with a big nose, bushy eyebrows and a haggard appearance. The police are waiting for any information about the second man.

Detective Alan Watt said: “A young woman as been left badly shaken by this attack and it’s crucial we speak to anyone who may have seen what happened so I’m appealing for people who were in the area around the time of the incident to contact us.

“In particular, we would like to trace a man who was in a small black car, parked on Kelvin Way around that time and i would urge this man to contact us as he may have information that could assist our investigation and help us trace those responsible.”

If anyone has any information they are asked to contact officers based in Govan via 101.