Bring back our Tennent’s to the Unions

It’s just not the same without it

Is this the worst thing to happen to Glasgow Uni… ever?

Everyone is aware that the Unions, both GUU and QMU, have stopped selling Tennent’s and have instead introduced Carling. Seriously, this is like going out with Kim Kardashian, dumping her and rebounding with Dayna fae The Scheme. It’s that bad.

Heaven in a can

There’s currently an online petition going to bring back the nation’s favourite lager. It’s had 200 signatures out of 500 already.

Tennent’s is a staple of many a Glaswegian’s diet and the face of the world-famous festival T in the Park and this has ruined everything by replacing our beloved drink with that pish. Carling is like that two out of ten in the club – sure, he’ll do the job but that doesn’t make him good, does it? A Tennent’s the type of person you bring home to your mum and dad for Sunday dinner. A good Scottish pint.

Tennent’s is well established as Scotland’s favourite pint and is deeply embedded into Scottish culture, so why are the unions trying to embrace the whole “Glasgow uni wanker” reputation by taking out the everyday, working-class man’s favourite ice-cold pint? What next? Grey Goose vodka and glass-bottle cokes?

You won’t see anything better today

Getting pished on a Tennent’s while at uni is an age-old tradition in not just Glasgow but Scotland as a whole, and one which has been embraced by generations – so why the change? And furthermore, who even drinks Carling outside of England?

Going down to the Beer Bar after a long day at uni for a pint of ice-cold Tennent’s used to be up there with one of the most enjoyable experiences ever. Now, we’re sauntering off back to our cold flats for a cold, flat tinny. Not the same.

You can’t fight the temptation

Andrew Brown, second year Mathematics student at Glasgow said: “I just don’t go to the union anymore because what’s the fucking point.” I’m with you there, mate.

Embrace your inner Scot and make sure you sign up to the online petition to bring back our golden, frothy lager: https://www.change.org/p/sean-murphy-bring-back-tennent-s-to-the-beer-bar.