Last minute DIY Halloween costumes

For those lazy people

Shit. You’ve got one day until Halloween and you’ve managed to put off sorting out a costume for one of the biggest night outs of the year – yet again.

Don’t stress – we’ve come up with ten last minute classic Halloween costumes you can make with items that you probably already have in your home.

Chav
You probably have or know someone who has some old trakkies, Nike Air Maxes, hoop earrings, a vest top and orange foundation. Makeup is key to this look.

You got a problem hen?

Make sure you have a visible foundation line under your chin and don’t forget to get your grubby foundation hands all over your vest top. Get your outfit on and hoops in.

I’ll ge ye a problem hen!!!!

Bottle of Buckie optional.

Cat
Cats are always cute. Grab some back skinnies, a black tee, pair of black tights, paper, sellotape and eyeliner. Stuff paper down one leg of the tights, cut the other leg off and tie a knot to secure the paper in. Say hello to your new tail. Whack on your black outfit and stick the tail to your butt. Grab your eyeliner, colour the tip of your nose in black and draw some whiskers on your cheeks.

Meow

Mean Girls 
Are you a basic bitch with a basic bitch crew? Find a mini skirt, some kitten heels and a sweater vest and you’re set.

You can’t sit with us

Vampire
Vampires are sexy and blood thirsty, so put on the tightest clothes you own on, get some red lipstick on and continue applying red lipstick down the side of your mouth so it looks like you’ve been sucking blood all day.

Zombie
This look is pretty versatile. Basically wear whatever you want, cut some slits in it and cover them and your face in fake blood. Use red lipstick/ketchup/hot sauce/ whatever floats your boat.

Yes girl

Snake

Find some shiny trousers and a crop top and use fish nets to make your body all scaly.

Sssssss

Mummy
Toilet roll. You’ll need lots of it.

OAP
Call me Betty, pet. Find your most outrageous vintage outfit. If you don’t have one, someone you know will. Just make sure you don’t ask them for their favourite vintage shirt they wear every weekend and think is super hipster for your OAP costume. If this fails, get in touch with your gran or fish out those Marks & Spencer’s pyjamas she got you for Christmas last year. Get dressed up, get some eyeshadow and an eyebrow brush and draw in some wrinkles to your face. Find some glasses and you’ve just aged 50 years in five minutes.

Oh crivens

Cowgirl
Howdy. The only item you might not have lying about in your house are cowgirl/boy boots. You probably have a pair of some from of boots, though – they’ll do. Denim jeans, plaid shirt, pigtails, boots and optional freckles.

Onesie character

You probably own a onesie and if you don’t, one of your mates definitely do. Whatever it is, wear it and embrace it.

Embracing it