BNOC of the Year 2016: Round four

We’ve got more BNOC’S for you

We’re coming to the end of our heats, and this one is set to be HUGE.

So get your votes in and make yours count, coz this heat has BNOC’s a plenty.

James Davidson

Previously know for his modelling career with Slater’s, James ‘Fomo’ Davidson made a name for himself on campus when he performed the butter dance in first year.

Since then he’s not only donned a yellow t-shirt as a GUU freshers helper, made it onto Viper’s permanent guestlist and attended every GUSSC social, he also did a year abroad in Canada!

Despite his alcohol intolerance, James claims he managed a 36 day bender surviving on nothing but babybells and dragon soop. When asked the best thing about being a BNOC is, he said ‘being on first names terms with all the bouncers in Glasgow is great, I couldn’t imagine having to queue for clubs now.’

Devon

From scoring G’s on the field, to smashing pre’s as Miss Social Convenor during the 2015/2016 season, Big D. is one delightful gal to watch on campus. This lacrosse legend leads by example both on the pitch with her twisty shots and on the Viper dance floor with two Dragon Soops and four credit cards in hand. Nothing scares this queen bee away whether she’s tackling a black slope on her new powder skis or trying to get funky with the lads as a large pumpkin on a night out.  Truly laid- back in nature, this gal won’t even judge you for the occasional misuse of her pillow as a urinal.

Nowadays, this goddess has swapped pints of fun for flasks of tea, as she knuckles down to some actual uni work (Big D. is very much a ‘work hard play hard’ gal) in her second home exclusively on Level 9 from 7.15am to 5pm – visit her there where she’ll happily share some of her organic home-made snacks with you!

Watch out HIVE, this BNOC will soon be back out on the lash when she finishes exams on the 16th (here’s to hoping she doesn’t get KB’ed this time)…

Robbie McGhee

Robbie (like last years winner Guthrie), is a nice guy! Always to be seen around Campus with a cheeky smile of his face, saying hello to everyone, and also a keen member of the waterpolo team.

He’s always out at least four nights a week, just genuinely being lovely and spreading the love around him.

Without Robbie, Glasgow just wouldn’t be the same.

Blair Lockwood

5 reasons why Blair should win BNOC of the year:

1. GUU HON SEC
  2. GUU HON SEC
  3. GUU HON SEC
  4. GUU HON SEC
  5. GUU HON SEC

BT SRLSLY, his emphatic GUU HON SEC election victory by a margin of over 20000000000 votes clearly outlines his overwhelming status and popularity within the student (global) community.

Furthermore, he is one of the most avid hand-shakers around. Get within 50 meters and your hand is getting shook real good. Get within 200 meters of the union and you’re automatically his best friend.

A little known fact about Blair is that he, along with being Honorary Secretary, is Charity Convener of GUDWWS (Glasgow University Dolphin and Whale Watching Society).

On top of all this, he finds time to go to every concert that his boyhood hero performs, the one and only, Cascada! (who rumour has it will be performing at this years Fresher’s Week opening night)

David Philpott 

This is David Philpott, otherwise known as Davey-P, Dave-the-Rave or Gok Wan.

Over the years Dave has been known for being a total trend setter. Starting in first year as a (unofficial) brand ambassador for Jack Wills, he slowly progressed into the ‘hipster phase’ and now ‘only buys clothes from Urban Outfitters’. Who knows what phase will come next? All we know is it will begin and end with a recent and definitely questionable purchase – Nike’s made of cork.. Dunno if that trend will set.

Now a PR for Budweiser (lad), David is pretty well known for his extreme commitment to Glasgow Uni. His GUU addiction has now reached Amber Level: Intervention necessary. This year will be his fourth in a row on the Freshers Helper team (he’s now been promoted to Team Leader #bigtime). If you’re wondering why you recognise his face it’s probably because he’s been a (social) member of every possible club/society/committee at Glasgow uni.

Fun facts: he has an extremely unusual fear of moths and an obsession with Kylie Jenner/hummus