Anti-semitic flyers hit Glasgow uni campus

They called the Holocaust ”the greatest swindle of all time”

Anti-Semitic flyers denying the Holocaust and advertising a website promoting conspiracy theories were found stapled to cork boards in the Boyd Orr building prior to the Jewish Society’s AGM yesterday. The timing with that appeared to be coincidental, although it seemed probable that they were put up Wednesday – on the day that Malia Bouattia was elected NUS President.

The flyers called the Holocaust “the greatest swindle of all time” and alleged to quote Norman Finkelstein, an academic noted for his controversial views.

“I was on my way to the JSoc AGM when I saw the leaflets. I can’t believe morons who subscribe to this have been admitted to a Russell Group university,”  the student who found the flyers said but asked to remain anonymous.

Reportedly, the flyer has been posted in several location across the Glasgow campus and has also appeared at Edinburgh University.

Jonathan Manevitch, president of the GU Israel & Middle East Forum, made a police complaint.

“Seeing this kind of hate speech is an accompanying result of the University’s continuing disregard for concerns of Jewish student safety. Only a few months ago they sanctioned a lecture featuring known anti-Semitism denier Mick Napier. This was especially upsetting given that to this day notions of extended family don’t really exist in my family; most of it had been slaughtered in the very genocide which is being denied here,” Manevitch commented.