Why Pinto is Glasgow’s best takeaway

No sombreros but there’s seriously good food

Since opening in 2011 Pinto has been the perfect place for a quality munch in Glasgow. For me it is the best take-away around and for less than a tenner you can get some of the best Mexican food in the city.

If you’ve never been you are massively missing out: imagine the concept of Subway but with Mexican food and you’re in food heaven.

Dining options include Nachos, Burritos, Tacos and Quesadillas and for those who are gluten intolerant – the bare burrito. Every dish offers a choice of filling from grilled chicken (halal), pulled pork, spicy shredded beef, grilled steak and flash fried vegetables.

Unlike most other take-aways, Pinto is actually quite good for you and they always use great, fresh tasting ingredients. This means that you don’t get that horrible bloated and greasy feeling after eating, which is always a bonus.

Pinto is excellent for you veggies out there too with every meal having a tasty meat-free option. The fried vegetables are perfectly cooked and seasoned and the guacamole is to die for, which makes nice change as vegetarian options are often dull and tasteless but Pinto has perfected their menu to cater towards everyone.

The best news is that it’s licensed too. So if you want to wash your meal down with an ice-cold Corona or Margarita then sit back and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere in Pinto with Latin music and funky décor all around in this vibrant Mexican kitchen.

For those who don’t like spice, they even offer mild tasting salsas, sour cream and plenty of fillings that won’t blow your mouth off. If you do like a kick then I highly recommend the pulled pork burrito with spicy rice, veg, Chipotle salsa, cheese, sour cream and of course, a ton of guacamole.

Pinto, I just want to say thank you for the amazing scran and I’ll be back for my weekly visit again soon.