GUCFS raised £10,129 for Teenage Cancer Trust

The figure was released today

After a year of campaigning, fundraising, and that fashion show, GUCFS released the total amount raised for their 2015/16 efforts.

The committee, brand ambassadors, and models have been working tirelessly all year for this event, with all donations and money raised, going towards the Teenage Cancer Trust.

The amount came to £10,129, which was a cumulative total from the launch party, ticket sales, and the show itself.

The money raised will now go to two different Glasgow based units that are supported by the Teenage Cancer Trust.

The show focussed around Glasgow based designers, who were able to use the show to promote their various clothing ranges, whilst also helping raise a huge amount for charity.

With brands being represented first in photoshoots in locations all over Glasgow, such as Dystra, Ryan Cowie, Never Monday, Siobhan Mackenzie, and SF Brand, they were then shown off in full glory on the runway at SWG3.

Other brands represented that night were EKAT, and lingerie brand, LM The Label.

From the location, to the success of locating a huge up-and-coming DJ, Sam Gelliatry, GUCFS definitely made a night to remember.

This has been proven by the huge amount raised.

President of the 2015/16 committee, Kristen Don spoke to The Tab: ”Unleashed 2016 has been an astounding success. I am honoured to dedicate our five figure donation to both Teenage Cancer Trust units in the Glasgow area.

‘As a growth platform for business initiative, creative innovation and event production GUCFS 2016 has exceeded my personal expectations. We’ve successfully nurtured the future generation with passion for philanthropy and creativity combined. It’s been an honour to work with and have the support of so many over the last year and I look forward to attending the event as a guest next year!”