Glasgow vets bare all for charity

They all look excellent in the buff.

It’s long been tradition for the graduating class of vet students at the University of Glasgow to bare all for charity. This years’ class are no exception, and have been getting it all out for some amazing causes.

Got your attention now, haven’t I?

Despite the horrendous weather that we have been experiencing in Glasgow lately (classic), the guys and gals of the vet school went ‘taps aff’ around our beautiful campus for charity. Proceeds from this year’s calendar are going to be partially used to fund their grad ball, with the rest of the money being donated to two student-run charities, Students For Animals in Need and Trusty Paws (which The Tab Glasgow have previously discussed in articles).

Glasgow uni never looked so appealing

SAIN is dedicated to helping horses, cats and dogs attain the medical attention that they need in emergency situations. Without SAIN, well loved pets may not be able to access the amazing and potentially life-saving facilities at Glasgow’s world renowned School of Veterinary Medicine.

The other charity benefiting from these cheeky pictures is Trusty Paws, which was set up by one of Class of 2016’s very own students. They run monthly clinics for the pets of Glasgow’s homeless. There are no homeless shelters in Glasgow that accept pets, so often these animals are living with their owners on the street year round, without any access to veterinary facilities.

Black and white = classy

As if all of this wasn’t enough to make us all fancy the vet students, it gets better. All of the photographs were taken by a talented final year vet student, and he even made a video of all the naked antics to give even more of a glimpse of what vet students get up to when they’re supposed to be studying.

Jess Simmonds, final year vet and nakey-nakey go-getter had this to say about the calendar;

”It was so much fun to shoot the calendar, and the outtakes cracked us all up so much (not safe for public viewing, sorry!). It’s great knowing that we’re supporting causes that are really close to our years’ hearts, and now that we’re actually ordering the final product we’re excited to see how far we can spread the word. Glasgow vets do nudity better!”

Yes Jess, yes they do.

At just £10 each – the mere cost of 2 pints of magic/fun – these bad boys are a steal! So if you feel like ogling some vets (trust me, you do) as well as donating to charity and supporting UofG talent, then just email [email protected] with your name and how many you would like and they’ll get back to you with their bank details.

One more for the road.

Basically, forget about bake sales and quizzes – when vet students want to raise money, they let it all hang out! Class of 2016, good luck with your exams and your futures, and well done for getting it all out for such good causes. We love you Glasgow!