Glasgow’s night life has so much more to offer than pulling

It’s the best city in the world

Some people’s idea of a good night out is entirely based on weather or not they pulled, it just ain’t right.

For a lot of people if you get a pull, you’ve had a good night – end of. For a lot of people if you get a pull, it’s a confidence boost. For a lot of people if you don’t get a pull, it’s soul destroying.

I understand why people want to pull on a night out, and I understand why getting one makes people feel good about themselves and therefore makes or breaks their night out. But I honestly think it’s such a sad way to look at a night out, and a really bad way to knock your self confidence. Especially when there’s so much more to Glasgow.

Av no pulled mun ://

The squad love is the strongest love. The friendship between a closely knitted group of pals is a very special thing, the group chat is constantly bouncing and the screenshots should be binded into an album to reminisce over forever. Going out with your friends should be the best time, because usually you work as a unit.

You have got each others back, yous dance like fannys and yas don’t care because the squad is out and everyone is in it to have a good time. Forget about the pulls, and enjoy the privilege of being in a group of friends where everyone loves each other and everyone’s priority is to have a great night.

Squad, unite

And then there’s music. Glasgow’s night life is incredible. We have some of the best clubs winning awards annually, Glasgow rules for music. Listening to live music and dancing like nobodies watching is probably one of the best forms of therapy out there. So use the beautiful city we are living in to its upmost potential and see every gig you’re in to and you will have a great night out regardless of if you got with anyone.

When you go on a night out, you do not have any jobs to do. Unless, you are on the hunt for a pull. So why, give yourself that job? It will stress you out, scouring the dance floor religiously, making sure your dancing’s constantly on fleek, trying to maintain eye contact with everyone. Forget it.

Give yourself some freedom and forget that job of finding someone to pull because you don’t need to do it. Enjoy having some time where you can get a bit loose, shake what yer mama gave ya and not worry about the stresses of life. Leave that for the following morning.

Don’t waste your time living in Glasgow seeing it from your bedroom window and don’t base how good a time you’re having by who you’re getting with.