No T in the Park this year? I’ve never understood the hype anyway

I can’t be the only one less than impressed

T in the park bosses have just announced the festival won’t be returning next year.

All I can say is good riddance. I never understood the hype anyway.

A few years back I went with about 50 of my friends and I had the time of my life, but the allure of it has completely gone for me now.

Back when I went all we cared about was getting drunk, seeing some bands and having a laugh. It was a weekend away from our parents and the only thing that mattered was having a good time. Now it’s full of 16 years old’s taking Mandy and hanging around the Slam Tent. No thanks.

I haven’t even heard of the majority of the line-up, seriously, whatever happened to actual big named bands playing at festivals? Now the majority of the festivals are all the same and just pick out the UK Top 40. Now instead of a world-renowned rock festival it’s become Top 40 in the Park.

What are we supposed to eat over the weekend? Over-priced burger vans and noodle bars aren’t exactly the most appealing options. Pouring Magners into my cereal instead of milk for breakfasts and living off of a multipack of Walkers all weekend just doesn’t have the same satisfaction now that I’m in my 20s.

The prospect of getting muddy and not washing for three days isn’t cool – baby wipes and dry a shampoo are no longer a realistic option.

It isn’t cheap for this experience either – by the time you buy your ticket, camping essentials, transport, drink and food you’re talking around £400 before you even buy anything there. I’d rather go on a week-long holiday in the sun.

Even for the music lovers out there who think they’re getting good value for money, think again as chances are you won’t even head down to the stage until 5pm and you’ll see maybe ten acts over the full weekend.

So instead of being in the middle of a cold, muddy field passing around a bottle of Mad Dog with some teenagers, I’m glad there’s no option to go next year.