Faux pas: Strathclyde scramble to place blame over victim-blaming posters

‘Bet Jennifer Lawrence wishes she’d used a stronger password’

Strathclyde’s new campaign to encourage students to have stronger passwords centres around the leaking of Jennifer Lawrence’s recent nude photos – and her avid fans aren’t pleased.

Now the uni won’t acknowledge the mistake directly, instead issuing a meek excuse for an apology that read: “The posters are being removed now. They should not have been produced and we are looking into how this happened.”

Star of the Hunger Games series, and all-around good guy Jennifer Lawrence, was one of the many celebrities this year to fall victim to a major hacking scandal and as a result had intimate photos leaked to the world.

Strathclyde Uni saw this as an opportunity for a security campaign warning people to create stronger passwords, putting up posters with “Bet Jennifer Lawrence wishes she’d used a strong password”.

Naturally, J-Law’s die-hard fans (everyone) aren’t happy about the blatant victim-blaming, and Strathy is working hard to appear innocent in the midst of the fuck-up.

Strathclyde student Billy McCauley tweeted the image of one of the posters, which were plastered around Strathclyde campus: “Pretty shocking victim blaming here. Will you take it down?”

Strathclyde Uni quickly responded: “The posters are being removed now. They should not have been produced and we are looking into how this happened”

The poster causing the uproar

Later a spokesperson left another message saying the posters were in “bad taste”.

This is after ignoring several complaints from female students.

People weren’t surprised by Strathclyde’s mistake

Apparently, they were just trying to highlight the importance of internet security. But these posters basically were saying the issue is strictly a female problem, which reeks of misogyny.

Poor show strathy.