Santa Dash: Glasgow students have a go

They were literally dashing through the snow

While most were stressing in the library on Sunday fellow students Marie and Melissa descended on George Square in a sea of red to take part in this year’s Glasgow Santa Dash.

The suited and bearded hoards braved the first snow of the year to spread Christmas cheer to the charities supported by the 5k run.

Melissa told the Tab: “The atmosphere was awesome, there was about six thousand of us doing it, all wearing the Santa suits which was pretty mental!”

The Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice in Glasgow, The Sunday Mail Centenary Fund and 15 other good causes are supported by the event.

“The run was really fun actually, cause there was so many people doing it, you always had someone next to you to have banter with.”

“Tonnes of people had their dogs and children dressed up in Santa outfits too which was really cool.”

Get ready; set; HO HO HO

“Everyone was in really good spirits, there were Santas dancing to keep warm, there was a photo booth, a funny commentator who kept making everyone “ho ho ho” all over George Square.

“The fact that you do it for charity is really awesome, and gives you a chance to give something back whilst having fun- I would for sure recommend doing this next year!”

Beard game: strong