Second year catches thieves ransacking flat in broad daylight

She came home from uni to find three men in her home

Conniving thieves who broke into a West End flat during the day were seen carrying out their raid by one of the girls who lived there.

Anna came home after uni yesterday to find men in the ground floor flat rifling through everyone’s possessions.

She said: “I got home and the freezer door was open and there was loads of food on the floor in a Tesco bag like frozen mince and salmon.

“There was also beer that had been left over from a party and that had moved which is really weird because none of us even drink beer.

“When I left I was really freaked out and thought there was someone in the flat.

“That was definitely the case because when I left there were two tins of beer on the worktop and when I came back with the girls 15 minutes later they were gone.”

The terrified Politics and Business student immediately fled – but her phone had just died meaning she couldn’t call the police in time to catch them.

The burglars picked the lock on the front door before ransacking the entire place stealing iPads, laptops – even beer.

Second year Languages student Rachel said: “It’s horrible, they’ve gone through everything – even our underwear looking for money.

“They’d even moved my car keys so had clearly tried to go out on the street and find it. Thank god I don’t park on my street.

“They raided our freezer for food, too, and stole some tinnies when they bolted that were on the counter.

“It’s horrible to see what they touched and know they sat on your bed going through your stuff.”

This comes after a string of burglaries in the West End, with students being the prime targets for thieves.

These ballsy burglars targeted the flat in broad daylight at 4pm, suggesting they knew the girls’ routines.

Rachel said: “It makes me sick to think they’ve been watching us every day. I know it’s unlikely they’ll come back to the same flat but I hate to think of them out there watching us again.”

Just that morning the girls received an email from their letting agent warning them to be vigilant of thieves in the area.

Rachel said: “What are the chances we get that email the very same morning!

“When we phoned our landlord he came round and put an extra three locks on the front door, and a deadbolt. He said he normally wouldn’t put so many on but we were three girls in a groundfloor flat and none of us look very tough.

“I told him I wish I’d bloody caught them. I was livid when I came home – I was storming about desperate for them to still be there so I could get them.”

The girls are now trying to replace the valuables stolen in time for exams, and try and feel safe in their flat again. But they’re struggling. Rachel said: “I don’t want to be in this flat anymore, even just for another two days.

“I just want to go home.”